Destinations and attractions!
Places to visit
Away from the coast, Cornwall has so much going for it! Is there any wonder so many people choose our county for their summer holiday?
One of the biggest draws for people is the picture-postcard destinations. Those idyllic fishing villages, harbour towns and quaint moorland settlements. But where should you visit? Well, if you’re looking for something to help boost your Instagram followers then here’s five places we think are well worth visit in the summer…
- Port Isaac: This traditional fishing village is perhaps better known to fans of Doc Martin as Portwenn. It’s a stunning spot on the north coast and well worth a visit.
- Fowey: Head south and wander around this pretty harbour town’s narrow streets, independent shops or dine in the fine restaurants. A must visit.
- Polperro: Another south coast favourite, Polperro really is straight off the back of a chocolate box. It is described by some as “enchanting jumble of cottages” and that’s a pretty accurate description. It’s famous for its history as smuggler’s haven and you can delve deep into its past at the Museum Of Smuggling.
- Cadgwith Cove: Forgotten by the 21st Century, this beautiful but tiny fishing village is a tucked into a small cove on the eastern side of the Lizard Peninsula. The Cadgwith Cove Inn is also great place for a bite to eat of a quick drink.
- Kynance Cove: Another favourite on the Lizard Peninsula, Kynance boasts a truly spectacular location, with a white sandy beach, turquoise blue water and rock stacks. It requires a short walk down to the beach from the car park, but there’s also a great café
Check out our dedicated page on places to visit in Cornwall here.
What about attractions?
We know that, on occasion, the weather can be a little unkind so you might need something to occupy the younger members of your party. Handily, Cornwall has lots of wet weather attractions that will keep them amused for hours on end!
Here’s some of our favourites…
- Blue Reef Aquarium: Located in nearby Newquay, Blue Reef is a must visit. Here you can explore the wonders of the oceans and get up close and personal to a variety of colourful sea creatures.
- Camel Creek Adventure Park: With rides and rollercoasters for all the family, Camel Creek is a great family day out!
- The Eden Project: There are few more iconic attractions than The Eden Project. Here you can spend hours wandering around the biomes, gardens or learn more about the world’s precious eco systems.
- Flambards Theme Park: Brave the sky-high trill rides or enjoy the day undercover in the soft play area. It’s a day full of jam-packed adventures!
For more on Cornwall’s attractions click here.
Another popular addition to any summer holiday in Cornwall is take in one of the many local events that take place throughout the county each year.
In June, July and August there’s dozens of events taking place from carnivals to music festivals and just about everything in between! Here’s a few of our favourites…
- Royal Cornwall Show (June): This is the county’s showpiece event, attracting well over 100,000 people through its gates. Here you can see displays of crafts, culture, animals as well as countless stalls selling craft, treats, clothing and so much more.
- Cornwall Garden Society Summer Flower Show (July): Described by The Telegraph as the “Chelsea of the West,” Cornwall’s annual Spring Flower Show will now take place in July over three days. Get expert advice, see wonderful exhibits and purchase a range of plants and products at the many stands.
- Boardmasters (August): The UK’s biggest surf and music festival is based right here in Cornwall. With over 200 artists playing across 12 stages and competitive surf and skate competitions to watch. All just a short distance from our holiday park!
- Rock Oyster Festival (July/August):: This family-friendly weekend promises to celebrate the best of Cornish food, music and well-being.
Whether you’re consider a caravan holiday, camping, touring or glamping, Hendra Holiday Park is the perfect place for a summer holiday in Cornwall.
Start planning your adventure today – call 01637 875778 or click below to check prices and availability